THE SOCIETY FOR INTEGRATIVE AND COMPARATIVE BIOLOGY
Division of Invertebrate Zoology
Libbie H. Hyman Memorial Scholarship
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING A
- Awards are limited to advanced undergraduates or first or second year graduate students currently enrolled in degree programs. Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible. Applicants need not be members of SICB to be considered.
- Applications and letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically following the instructions and using the forms provided at this website.
- Complete applications will consist of a proposal (see forms below), two letters of reference from faculty members, and copies of undergraduate and (if applicable) graduate transcripts. [Graduate student applicants must submit transcripts from graduate AND undergraduate programs]. All materials, including BOTH letters of reference, must be received by the deadline in order for the application to be considered.
- The student should write the proposal, preferably with the advice of their major professor. However, the major professor should not do the writing, since this will defeat an important part of the process.
- A form for the proposal is available on this page. You must use this form to submit your application. If you experience problems using the form, contact the webmaster by email.
- The form has fields for requested information. You must fill in all fields unless noted otherwise. The electronic submittal system will not accept any empty fields! Limits of field length apply. Actual character counts of an entry can be viewed by the applicant on the preview page.
- Please proofread your application before you submit it.
- Complete the online-form, proofread it again, and submit it via the web to SICB.
- Copies of official or unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts should be combined into a SINGLE PDF file no more than 2MB in size. The file must be uploaded as part of the application process.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted via a separate online form at http://www.burkclients.com/sicb/grants/hyman/hymanletterform.php3. It is critical that each recommender enters the exact email address that the applicant has used in the application. We use an automated system to attach the letters to the appropriate application using the submitted email address information. If the email addresses do not match, the letter of support will not be attached to the application and the application will not be complete. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that letters of recommendation are submitted to the website, with the correct student information, by the deadline. Applicants will receive an email notification when each letter of support has been submitted.
- The closing date for the receipt of applications (including transcripts) AND supporting letters will be February 4, 2020. Notification of Awards: March 13, 2020
The submittal form is closed.